- 1) What does IELTS mean?
- 2) How many skills are tested in IELTS?
- 3) Does IELTS test accept American English?
- 4) Which skills do I take on the same days?
- 5) Is there a break between reading and writing test?
- 6) Can I use pen in IELTS test?
- 7) Can I wear a watch in my IELTS test?
- 8) What happens if I am colour blindness?
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System.
In all four skills are tested in IELTS. They are as follows: Writing, speaking, listening, and reading.
Yes, it does. It is International Test of English. However, most examiners in speaking are English or Australian and may not be familiar with every modern term.
Listening, reading and writing are all taken on same day. The speaking test can be taken either before, after or on the same day as the other skills test.
No. There is no break between reading, listening, writing test. They are all taken together and take a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes .So make sure you eat well and drink well before you take your test.
Yes, you can use pen/ pencil for your writing test. However, your listening and reading must be with pencil.(Don’t forget to take an eraser with you.)
No, you cannot wear a watch in my IELTS test. There will be clock on the wall so you can check the time.
You should contact your IELTS test center before the exam to let them know .They will adapt any colour pages/ illustrations for you in the test.