Sponsorship Visa – Sponsor your Spouse, Partner or dependent Child

Family reunification is a vital component of Canada’s immigration agenda. A Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident who is living in Canada may be eligible to sponsor their spouse (same or opposite sex) and any dependent children for permanent residence in Canada. An application for sponsorship can be made for a spouse or partner who is living either inside or outside Canada.

The Spousal visa allows applicants married to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident the unique opportunity to be sponsored along with their dependent children.

Airplane from Air Canada image - Sponsorship

The applicant and their spouse must be married and show the genuine and continuing nature of the relationship and intend to live together in Canada, upon approval.

  • Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents may sponsor certain relatives so they become permanent residents. You can sponsor a spouse, children, parents or grandparents.
  • You may also sponsor brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship.
  • You may sponsor another relative regardless of age or relationship if if you do not have a living spouse or common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class, and and you do not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.

Basic Requirements

  • The sponsor must be at least 18 years of age.
  • The sponsor should not have failed to provide financial support in a previous sponsorship, should not have alimony debts or any immigration debts.
  • The sponsor should not be receiving social assistance other than for a disability.  Employment Insurance or other loans for study are not considered social assistance in this case.
  • The sponsor should not be in prison or have committed a crime. (A pardon must be issued for people that have committed a crime).
  • The sponsor should not have declared bankruptcy (If the bankruptcy has been released then the sponsor can apply).
  • The sponsor and the sponsored person must have a clean criminal record or the appropriate pardons should have been granted.

Contact us for profile assessment. 

From Our Blog