What is Hospitality and Tourism?
Hospitality and Tourism Management is a multi-faceted industry that covers sectors such as business, travel, catering, and customer care. It is such a wide network and students from all academic backgrounds are able to study hospitality courses. This is a multi-billion-dollar industry that is constantly growing which means there will be more opportunities for students to get a job in the field. It is a vital component for anything travel-related and it is important for the development of a business, customer care, and the economy. It brings in revenue for countries and provides millions of people with job opportunities!
If you are a person who values interpersonal relationships, strong communication skills, and the ability to multitask, then Hospitality and Tourism Management programs are great for you!
What are the job opportunities?
After completing a Bachelors, Diploma, or Certificate program you will be eligible for the following list of career opportunities and hospitality jobs:
- Event Management
- Project Management
- Hotel & Restaurant Manager
- Resort Management
- Special Events Manager
- Winery Operations Manager (for Wine Business Management)
- Retail Operations Manager
- Conferences and Convention centers
- Catering Companies
The average salary is $58,500 CAD a year but more experienced workers on average make $99, 450 CAD a year!
What are the Top 10 Hospitality programs to study?
There are many Hospitality and Tourism Management programs to choose from but here is our list of the top 10 Hospitality courses to study in Canada.
PG Certificate Programs
- Centennial College – Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Management
- Conestoga College – Event Management
- Seneca College – Global Hospitality Business Management
- Niagara College – Wine Business Management
- Conestoga College — Food + Beverage Management – Hotel and Restaurant Operations (optional co-op)
- NBCC – Culinary Arts Management
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic – Food and Nutrition Management
- College of the Rockies – Hospitality Management
- Medicine Hat – Business Administration – Hospitality & Tourism
- College of the North Atlantic – Cook
If you would like to know if you would qualify for these programs, please contact Career Abroad at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with an educational counselor! Start your Canadian College admission now!
Book an appointment virtually with our educational Counsellor