Get a study permit through the Student Direct Stream
Some international students can get their study permits faster by using the Student Direct Stream.
Who can apply
You can apply if you’re a legal resident in:
- the Philippines, or
If you live in another country (even if you’re a citizen of one of the countries above), you have to apply through the regular study permit application process.
To support the growth in study permit applications, IRCC today announces the Student Direct Stream (SDS), which is available to students applying for a study permit from China, India, Vietnam and the Philippines. Students from those countries who demonstrate upfront that they have the financial resources and language skills to succeed academically in Canada will benefit from faster processing times. Similar programs have been in place in these 4 countries for a few years – popularly known as Student Partners Program.
To qualify for SDS, applicants need to meet additional requirements, in particular language levels that are stricter than regular study permit requirements. Students who do not have all of the additional information required for SDS can apply through the regular study permit application process, either online or at a Visa Application Centre.
The SDS complements the Express Entry system as these students will be well placed to continue on the path to permanent residence and Canadian citizenship after completing their studies in Canada, if they wish to.
IRCC is committed to finding ways to improve its International Student Program by making its services faster, easier and more accessible. The success of the SDS program will be evaluated with the intention to expand the program in 2019.
Documents you need for your application
You must include these documents with your application:
- a copy of your acceptance letter from a designated learning institution
- a copy of your upfront medical exam confirmation document
- proof that you have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000
- proof that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study, and
- proof that you graduated from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a
- score of at least 6 for English (International English Language Testing System), or
- Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens score of at least 7 for French (Test d’évaluation de français)
On Study permit approval
Student will receive:
- a letter of introduction
- You need to show this letter to the immigration official when you arrive in Canada. It is not your study permit.
- if applicable, a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) to enter Canada
- The visa will be in your passport. You must enter Canada before it expires.
Your study permit is valid until the end of your school program.
We have official representations from over 40 colleges and universities in Canada and assist student with their admission process. Student can initiate this process right from their home / office simply by dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All we need is the scan of your documents and some information. We can also assist you with visa application process. We can be reached through whatsapp +1-647-648-2525 for further assistance.