Are you dealing with an immigration consultant to process your immigration / visa application?

Do not jeopardize an important decision that could affect your life, family and career by taking services from an immigration consultant who is not regulated or a member of ICCRC.

Choose only certified and authorized immigration consultant who would officially represent you at Canadian High Commission. Choose us to conduct business on your behalf with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the Immigration and Refugee Board or the Canada Border Services Agency.

With the coming into force of Bill C-35, on June 30, 2011 only authorized representatives are allowed to provide paid advice for immigration or visa related application. Some examples of paid advice or representation that will now be captured through the implementation of Bill C-35 include:

  • Representing the applicant during an immigration proceeding by speaking on their behalf.
  • Providing guidance to a client on how to select the best immigration stream and complete the appropriate forms.

This fact sheet provides basic information on who can represent in immigration proceedings. It is intended for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice, nor does it constitute any legal opinion.

Canadian law requires that any immigration consultant residing and doing business in Canada or abroad who provides Canadian immigration services for a fee must be registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) as a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).

ALERT! is ICCRC’s confidential whistleblowing initiative to report suspected unregulated immigration consultants.

ALERT! is an initiative to report unregulated immigration consultants only. To report a complaint against a RCIC

Unauthorized providers of immigration services are operating illegally, and ICCRC will review all claims submitted. Where necessary, the information will be forwarded to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) or Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for further investigation.

Please email us at or call the ALERT! hotline at 1-289-348-0422, or toll-free in North America at 1-877-836-7543, to provide us with the following information:

  • Full name of person(s) you are reporting
  • Business name(s) (if applicable)
  • Address, phone number, email address of person(s) you are reporting
  • Details about your reason for reporting the person(s)

Please attach any website links, photographs, emails, advertisements and any other documentation to support your report.

Thank you for protecting consumers by reporting unregulated immigration consultants.

Apply online

Apply Online to get profile assessment.

Email us at or simply fill in the online form to get your profile assessment.

Apply online

From Our Blog

03/11/2020|0 Comments

Study Health Programs in Canada Connect with our educational counsellors to learn more about health programs in Canada and get your profile assessed! Public Demand for Healthcare Jobs Are you a health professional, [...]

  • Top Information Technology Programs in Ontario

02/10/2020|0 Comments

The 21st Century is known as the Virtual Age primarily based upon information technology. The widespread use of the internet shapes (and will continue to) the way we live as we are dependent on information [...]

21/09/2020|0 Comments

What is Hospitality and Tourism? Hospitality and Tourism Management is a multi-faceted industry that covers sectors such as business, travel, catering, and customer care. It is such a wide network and students from all academic [...]

  • Best Data Industry Programs offered by York u

04/09/2020|0 Comments

The Data Industry is thriving more than ever! The evolution of the digital age is constantly transforming the way we live. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning will continue to progress into the New Age of [...]