Studying in the USA is a dream for many students in India. If you are one of them, you can rest assured that you will get all the support, information, and confidence you need to make the right steps towards your dream of studying in the US. Career Abroad represents more than 150 colleges and universities in the U.S. This means that we have the experience, knowledge, and expertise to guide you towards the college or university that will be the right fit for you, based on your interests, test scores, skill sets, ambitions, and budget.
Here is what you need to know in preparation for studying in the US:
- Understand the type of visa required for your particular purpose. For students, this would be an F-class student visa.
- Understand what health insurance you would need, as this is very important-whether you are taking a policy on your own or taking one from the university.
- Get all your documents, certificates, and forms in order.
- Complete the Form DS-160 prior to your interview for the student visa. You will get a confirmation page which has a bar code. Ensure that you print out this page on a laser printer itself in order for the bar code to be visible and functional which is important.
- Pay the application fees through the approved banks and keep the receipt safe.
- The I-120 form is given by the colleges in the US as confirmation of your enrolment and this is very important to keep in hand at all times.
- Another fee that is to be paid online is the I-901 fee which is available on the website of the U.S. Immigration and Customs enforcement. Make sure you save this receipt carefully too.
- The appointment for the student visa has to be requested through the VFS website . For this, you would require the bar code number on the DS-160 form as well as the receipt for that fees.
When you come for your student visa interview, have these in hand:
- All passports, currently valid and previous ones
- DS-160 confirmation page with the barcode visible
- Passport size photographs that are 50 mm x 50 mm
- Visa fee receipts
- Appointment letter from VFS
- Receipt from SEVIS as well as I-120
Our support to you does not stop with the visa application or admission process. We have an extensive and meticulous pre-departure service that helps you with everything you need to know and do to become comfortable with your new life! This value added service make a deep difference for students, making them feel more confident and capable of meeting their new life in the USA head on!