About Northern Lights College
Post-secondary educational institution in Dawson Creek, Canada
- Northern Lights College, founded in 1975, has five campuses in Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, Tumblr Ridge, and Fort St. John, and access centers in Hudson’s Hope, Dease Lake, and Atlin.
- The college is a member of the British Columbia Colleges, along with 11 other colleges in the province. Different programs offered at NLC at all levels ensure students get essential classroom education and hands-on experience to help them transition smoothly from student life to a successful job.
- Students can earn a diploma, certificate, or associate degree at the university. While the certificate takes one year of study, the diploma and associate degree have two years of completion time.
- The acceptance rate at Northern Lights College is 82%, while the employment rate of the college is 95%. These numbers make it a top choice for pursuing higher studies.
Northern Lights College Ranking
Cambrian College is ranked 22 on the list of the top 50 research colleges in Canada. It also holds the #3 position out of 182 colleges and universities worldwide for student satisfaction with their learning experiences, according to the International Student Barometer (ISB).
According to the QS World Ranking, Cambrian College will be ranked 1425 globally in 2022. According to another popular ranking body, US News & World Report, Cambrian College is ranked 159 in Canada for the year 2022. According to Times Higher Education, this college is ranked #1325 in 2022.
Location and Campus
Northern Lights College currently has 2 campuses located in the Dawson Creek, Fort St. John.
Why Northern Lights?
- Education: Diplomas and associate degrees offered by NLC are recognized by employers across Canada.
- Job Opportunities: Northeast BC has great work opportunities for during and after your studies. Most of the students find part-time work upon arrival, and often work full-time during the summer.
- Low Tuition Fee: NLC offers the lowest annual tuition, yearly tuition fee is from $11,000 to 12,000 CAD
- Beautiful BC landscape: The college is located in the Peace River region, at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, one of the most beautiful landscapes of Canada
- Small Size classes: Students can interact with faculties and gain great experience in interactive teaching environment, where teachers know them by names
- Low cost of living: students can choose from living on campus from where they can walk straight to campus, or can arrange homestays with local Canadian families, and private rentals available near campus.
- Welcoming communities. Fort St. John and Dawson Creek is a small but welcoming community
- Cultural activities. International students at NLC can participate in various cultural and recreational activities, including outdoor camping, horseback riding, cricket, snow-shoeing, and local Indigenous cultural events.
- Post-graduation options. The BC Transfer system allows graduates of certain NLC programs to transfer into the third year of an undergraduate university degree.
Non – refundable application fee for UG, PG, Diploma and certification courses in Northern Lights College is $100.
An average Tuition fee for Northern Lights College per semester is CAD $1,707.
(Note: Fees are estimated and subject to change according to the intake and program.)
Northern Lights College currently offers 128 courses which contain 90 full time courses and 38 part-time courses.
The institution provides a range of courses in subjects like:
Management, Administration and Organisation
Arts, Media & Design
Law, Justice and Security
Health, Wellness and Sciences
Computer & Information Technology
Agriculture and Forestry
Education, Social Studies and Community
Aerospace and Aviation
Trade and Technology
After completing their course, students receive certificates, diplomas, or degrees that are recognized by the state.
Northern Lights College FAQs
Q. What is the application processing time for Northern Lights College ?
A. Northern Lights College usually takes somewhere between 5 – 6 weeks to process the application.
Q. What is Northern Lights College acceptance rate ?
Northern Lights College acceptance rate is 32%. This makes it relatively difficult to get admission in this college. Students need to showcase their exceptional academic performance and meet the academic requirements to get accepted by the Northern Lights College.
Q. What is the IELTS score requirement for Northern Lights College?
A: IELTS requirement for Northern Lights College admissions is a minimum overall band score of 6 with no band less than 5.5 in academic reading, 5.5 in writing, 5.5 in listening, and 5.5 in speaking tests.
Q. What is the Northern Lights College GPA requirement ?
A: Northern Lights College requires students to have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to be eligible for a graduate program to get admission.
Q. What is Northern Lights College offer letter time ?
A: Northern Lights College will acknowledge and confirm your application within 48 hours. It usually takes about 15 days to issue the offer letter after applying.
Q. What is Northern Lights College offer letter fees ?
A: You can easily apply and receive an offer letter from Northern Lights College through online. Northern Lights College charges 100$ as offer letter fees.