About Parkland College
Post-secondary educational institution in Canora, Canada
- Situated in the Yorkton area of Saskatchewan, Canada, Parkland College was founded in 1973. It was established as Parkland Regional College, but later, in 2008, it was renamed Parkland College. Parkland College registers more than 600 full-time students and 1,650 students every year. It offers various study programs such as diplomas, bachelor’s degrees, certificates, and adult education. The College also regularly holds multiple cultural, art, and other recreational programmes.
- The College is highly recognised and has been accredited by the government. It has six campuses across the state, a training centre in Yorkton in Eastern Saskatchewan, and its main campus. Other campuses of this College are in Melville, Esterhazy, Fort Qu’Appelle, Canora, and Kamsack. Parkland College also provides evening, part-time and online courses for its students.
- It provides education in business, agriculture, arts, early childhood education, dentistry, kinesiology, global trade, nursing, and law. It offers pharmacy, power engineering, veterinary medicine, and Microsoft project training. It helps international students gain the necessary skills required for working in Canada.
- Parkland College is also known for providing the best placements for its students across various renowned companies. According to the latest data, college graduates earn around $ 45,135 per annum.
- The College also provides housing on rent for its students covering the food for about 9000 CAD per annum. The average cost of living is around 40000 CAD, which covers the living costs, additional costs, tuition fees, and placement fees.
Parkland College Ranking
According to QS World Ranking Parkland College is ranked 1357 globally in 2022. According to another popular ranking body US News & World Report , Parkland College is ranked 92 in Canada for the year 2022.
Location and Campus
Parkland College currently has 6 campuses located in the Melville, Canora, Regina, Kamsack, Esterhazy, Yorkton.
Canora Campus is the main campus.
Why Parkland College?
- Low Cost of living
- Highly-paid Job opportunities
- Post-graduate work permit programs
- Low unemployment rate
- After finishing studies in Saskatchewan students will qualify for PR (Permanent Residency) in Canada through PNP (Provincial Nomination Programs) programs. Students who finish studies in Saskatchewan will have added advantage over the students who do not study in Saskatchewan.
The application fees for undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and diploma programs at Parkland college is $140 CAD.
The average Tuition fee for Parkland College per semester is CAD $8,300.
(Note: Fees are estimated and subject to change according to the intake and program.)
Parkland College currently offers 18 courses which contain 13 full time courses and 5 part-time courses
The institution provides a range of courses in subjects like:
Health, Wellness and Sciences
Management, Administration and Organisation
Trade and Technology
Agriculture and Forestry
After completing their course, students receive certificates, diplomas, or degrees that are recognized by the state.
Parkland College FAQs
Q. What is the application processing time for Parkland College ?
A. Parkland College usually takes somewhere between 2 – 4 weeks to process the application.
Q. What is Parkland College acceptance rate ?
Parkland College acceptance rate is 100%. This makes it relatively easy to get admission in this college. Students need to showcase their exceptional academic performance and meet the academic requirements to get accepted by the Parkland College.
Q. What is the IELTS score requirement for Parkland College?
A: IELTS requirement for Parkland College admissions is a minimum overall band score of 7 with no band less than 6.5 in academic reading, 6.5 in writing, 6.5 in listening, and 6.5 in speaking tests.
Q. What is the PTE score requirement for Parkland College?
A: PTE requirement for Parkland College admissions is a minimum overall band score of 58 with no band less than 50 in academic reading, 50 in writing, 50 in listening, and 50 in speaking tests.
Q. What is the Parkland College GPA requirement ?
A: Parkland College requires students to have a minimum GPA of 2 to be eligible for a graduate program to get admission.
Q. What is Parkland College offer letter time ?
A: Parkland College will acknowledge and confirm your application within 48 hours. It usually takes about 2 weeks to issue the offer letter after applying.
Q. What is Parkland College offer letter fees ?
A: You can easily apply and receive an offer letter from Parkland College through online. Parkland College charges 140$ as offer letter fees.