About Portage College
College in Lac la Biche, Alberta
Portage College was established in 1968 and is located at Lac La biche, Alberta, Canada. The College has a network of 7 campuses and learning centres across Alberta, Canada. Portage offers more than 30 programs,diplomas and courses under Academic Upgrading, Business Administration, Health and Wellness, Environmental Studies, Food Sciences and many more.
The College not only provides opportunities for part-time or full-time students but also for candidates who want to pursue education through a distance learning program it connects to them through Ed2go.
The College is a public community college with it’s affiliations with ACCC, CCAA and ACTI. A museum of Aboriginal Peoples Art and Artifacts is also located at Portage college Corporate centre and contains almost 2000 indegenious Arts and Artifacts.
Portage College Ranking
Portage College is among the Top 5 Colleges in Alberta Province in 2023. As per Ranking Portage College is ranked below from different sources :
Webometrics World Ranking: 14532
Times Higher Education Ranking: 2354
QS World Ranking: 2454
US News & World Report Ranking: 765
Country Rank: 112
Location and Campus
The Portage College has a total of 7 campuses in Northern Alberta, Canada out of which Lac La Biche is the main campus and the remaining are Boyle Lake campus, Cold Lake Campus, Frog Lake Campus, Saddle Lake Campus and St. Paul Campus. Some major campus are mentioned below.
Lac La Biche
St Paul Campus
Why Portage College?
- Portage College connects people with knowledge, skills, and opportunities, empowering them to transform themselves and make a difference. Collaboration, inclusion, and a commitment to success and accountability are at the core of Portage College’s values. Board governed and operating publicly under the Alberta Post-secondary Learning Act, Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is proud to be the first choice for learners in northeast Alberta. The College boasts seven strategically located campuses throughout the region.
The application fee for undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and diploma programs at Portage College is $160 and is non-refundable. This application fee must be paid for admission along with the completed application. Keep in mind that paying the application fee does not guarantee acceptance.
To be announced soon.
(Note: Fees are estimated and subject to change according to the intake and program.)
Students from all over the world who want to expand their knowledge in their area of interest might choose Portage College as an ideal location for their next academic adventure.
The institution provides a range of courses in subjects like:
- Academic Upgrading and English as a Second Language
- Business and Administration Studies
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Education and Library Studies
- Environment, Forestry, and Related Studies
- Fine Arts and Performing Arts
- General Studies
- Health Care, Medical Studies, and Technologies
- Humanities and Languages
- Personal, Home, and Food Studies
- Physical Education and Recreation
- Social Sciences, Law, and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Social, Community, and Protective Services
After completing their course, students receive certificates, diplomas, or degrees that are recognized by the state.
Portage College FAQs
Q. What kind of programs does Portage College offer?
Portage college offers over 30 certificate and diploma programs to give students the ability to choose their own path through education.
Contact one of our counselors to get help with choosing a program that’s right for you.
Q. What is the IELTS requirement for Portage college?
The basic IELTS requirement to apply at Portage college is 7 with no less than 6.5 in any module.
Q. What is the acceptance rate of Portage college?
Portage has a healthy acceptance rate of 60% as of 2021.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for Portage college?
Portage has a unique admission process which helps the student to find the perfect academic program for their future.