About St Lawrence College
College in Kingston, Canada
- St. Lawrence College (SLC) is a public institution established in 1967 as a college of applied arts and technology, located in Ontario, Canada. It has three campuses in Brockville, Cornwall, and Kingston.
- SLC has about 6,700 full-time students and employs approximately 830 full and part-time staff and faculty for the 89 programs offered by the institute, including more than 30 certificate programs, 40 diploma courses, and 20 advanced diploma programs, certificates, and apprenticeship training programs in Applied Arts, Community Services, Business, Computer and Engineering Technology, Justice Studies, and Health Sciences. The yearly tuition fee for various courses can range from $15,000 CAD – $22,000 CAD. Students can avail of several scholarships for financial aid, including the Board of Governors Entrance Scholarships and the Laul’s M. Square Media Scholarships.
- SLC provides various amenities such as bookstores, food services, Scruffy Salon, Essence Dining Room, Hairstyling & Esthetics, Music theatre shows, and Event and Banquet Services. The campus features the Marianne van Silfhout Gallery, an 80,000-square-foot Student Life and Innovation Centre, double gym, outdoor atrium and deck, Health Care Simulation Labs, Student Services, and Davies Hall study area.
- The college also provides options for various societies and clubs that the students can join, including the St. Lawrence Surge varsity teams that regularly compete in several national championships. Accommodation for students is available at all three campuses, with 29 double-occupancy rooms at the Brockville Campus, 44 private suites at the Cornwall campus and the 600-bed residence at the Kingston campus. The living expenses can be up to $7,000 CAD.
- The career management services of the institute help the students find employment, and 91.6% of the graduates find a job or opportunities for further studies within six months of graduating. The top employers of the institute are the Department of National Defense, Queen’s University, Empire Life, City of Kingston and Kingston Health Sciences Center.
St. Lawrence College Ranking
According to QS World Ranking St Lawrence College is ranked 1405 globally in 2022. According to another popular ranking body US News & World Report, St Lawrence College is ranked 140 in Canada for the year 2022. This college has also secured rank #1305 in 2022 according to Times Higher Education .
Location and Campus
St. Lawrence College is an integral part of the economic life and social fabric of Eastern Ontario, with campuses in Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall. Our safe communities offer small city vibes with big-city amenities, including great shopping, dining, and nightlife to make your student experience a memorable one.
Why St. Lawrence?
- St. Lawrence College is offering new Graduate Certificate Program Pairs! The pair programs is Interested students can enroll in the unique graduate certificate program pair that best suits their creative and career aspirations. The students can receive a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) for the first program as well as a Conditional Letter of Acceptance (CLOA) for their second program at the same time. This CLOA is dependent on the student completing their first program and being in good standing with the college.
- Excellent graduate employment at 88.1%
- Students are guaranteed to find employment within 6 months of graduating
- Has three campuses in Eastern Ontario, Kingston, Brockville and Cornwall
- Small-town living with modern, expansive facilities
- Low cost of living
For more queries,
Contact us at email@example.com and our counsellors will get back to you within 24 hours.
Non – refundable application fee for UG, PG, Diploma and certification courses in St Lawrence College is $100.
On an average Tuition fee for St Lawrence College per semester is CAD $6,500.
(Note: Fees are estimated and subject to change according to the intake and program.)
The institution provides a range of courses in subjects like:
Health, Wellness and SciencesManagement, Administration and OrganisationEnvironment and Life SciencesComputer & Information TechnologyArts, Media & DesignEducation, Social Studies and CommunityTrade and TechnologyMechanical EngineeringElectrical EngineeringElectronics & CommunicationCivil, Construction and ArchitectureLaw, Justice and SecurityHospitality, Culinary and Tourism
After completing their course, students receive certificates, diplomas, or degrees that are recognized by the state.
St Lawrence College FAQs
Q. What is the application processing time for St Lawrence College ?
A. St Lawrence College usually takes somewhere between 4 – 5 weeks to process the application.
Q. What is St Lawrence College acceptance rate ?
St Lawrence College acceptance rate is 47.3%. This makes it relatively difficult to get admission in this college. Students need to showcase their exceptional academic performance and meet the academic requirements to get accepted by the St Lawrence College.
Q. What is the IELTS score requirement for St Lawrence College?
A: IELTS requirement for St Lawrence College admissions is a minimum overall band score of 6.5 with no band less than 6 in academic reading, 6 in writing, 6 in listening, and 6 in speaking tests.
Q. What is the PTE score requirement for St Lawrence College?
A: PTE requirement for St Lawrence College admissions is a minimum overall band score of 59 with no band less than 50 in academic reading, 50 in writing, 50 in listening, and 50 in speaking tests.
Q. What is the St Lawrence College GPA requirement ?
A: St Lawrence College requires students to have a minimum GPA of 3.6 to be eligible for a graduate program to get admission.
Q. What is St Lawrence College offer letter time ?
A: St Lawrence College will acknowledge and confirm your application within 48 hours. It usually takes about 3 weeks to issue the offer letter after applying.
Q. What is St Lawrence College offer letter fees ?
A: You can easily apply and receive an offer letter from St Lawrence College through online. St Lawrence College charges 100$ as offer letter fees.