York University BACK-END AND BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT POST-GRADUATE CERTIFICATE Program
The York University back-end and block chain development postgraduate certificate program was created in collaboration with industry executives. (The first and only technical blockchain certificate delivered by a Canadian University). With this certificate students will be able to use the tools learned in their studies to collaborate with peers while creating real-world blockchain solutions and confidently launch their career. Students will gain critical technical skills, build and practice foundation cross-functional skills employers demand like complex problem solving, business acumen and social perceptiveness.
The program includes a capstone course that will allow students to further apply and test their knowledge. Upon graduation, students will meet the learning outcomes that will prepare them for blockchain job functions and gain critical thinking, communication and collaboration, and judgement and decision-making skills.
By the end of the certificate, successful graduates will be able to:
- Analyze appropriateness of blockchain for business use through development of a simplified qualification matrix.
- Assess use cases of blockchain technology for compliance with various frameworks and industry standards.
- Select the most suitable consensus mechanism and platform in developing a blockchain solution.
- Design and develop a decentralized application on public and private blockchain in various sectorial contexts (e.g., currency, real estate, health).
- Define specifications for, and administer, performance testing for blockchain solutions.
- Blockchain Developer
- Blockchain Engineer
- Software Developer- Blockchain Technologies
- Baccalaureate degree or diploma in computer science, network technology, web development,
- Official transcript(s) from all previously attended institutions (note: if transcript is not in English, please provide English-translated copy)
- Completed online application form including Statement of Interest
English Language Requirements
- Proof of English Proficiency – 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any module
- Unless a) first language is English, or b) previously completed 1-year of full-time study in a country or institution where English is the official language of instruction
Tuition fee: International – $20,099
Application fee: $79 CAD
If you would like to submit an application for the York University Back-end and Blockchain program, please connect with us at email@example.com and an educational counsellor will gladly assist you with your process!