About York University
Public university in Toronto, Canada
- York University is a public research institution in Toronto, Canada. It ranks among the largest universities in Canada. The York University – School of Continuing Studies offers professional programs in high-demand career fields. It is situated at York University’s Keele campus.
- Students need to produce an English proficiency test. IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE scores are among the ones accepted.
- York University – School of Continuing Studies also has a networking platform called Connections, an online community of alumni, students, instructors, and industry experts. This platform allows students to discover careers relevant to their area of study as well as develop networking skills.
- The university offers international student scholarships to recognize and award excellence.
- York university offers career services to students and has a great employment rate. MBA graduates earn an average of $137,000 per year, making it the highest-paying degree at the university.
A public research university located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, York University is the third-largest university in the country. When we talk about York University ranking, the university has been ranked 426 by US News and World Report. The US News & World Report considers Global Research Reputation, Regional Research Reputation, and Number of Publications cited (12.5% each) among other ranking parameters, as part of their ranking methodology. The university has been ranked between 401 and 500 by Times Higher Education 9THE) since 2017. If we check the York University QS Ranking, then the university has been ranked between 500 and 550 by QS World University Rankings since 2017. While QS puts a maximum focus on Academic Reputation (40%) followed by Faculty/Student Ratio and Citations per Faculty at 20% each, Times Higher Education (THE) devotes equal importance to Teaching, Research, and Citations at 30% each. York is among the top 20 universities in Canada and a perfect choice to study abroad in Canada.
Location and Campus
York University is a network of campuses offering a range of opportunities to immerse yourself in the diverse experiences and perspectives that are shaping our world. Campus facilities offer students, faculty, and the community at large multiple opportunities to engage and benefit from the innovative research and programming in a fluid and flexible manner. Extensive collaboration and mobility between the campuses creates an integrated, dynamic York community.
With three core campuses and a series of satellite locations both within Ontario and abroad, York University is facilitating and creating positive change on a large scale.
Why York University?
- York University is one of the largest multicultural universities in Canada
- York University offers a pathway programs to students who have high academics but low IELTS. These students can apply at the university with English pathway programs to study postgraduate certificate, or bachelor degree programs.
- York University professors are industry trained professionals who bring real work experience in the classroom, provide genuine insight of the industry, and networking opportunities that can boost students career prospects.
- York University always focus on high-quality of education
- York University’s diverse environment, interactive learning environment and high credential value leads students to get good Job-opportunities after completing their degree.
This application form. The non-refundable application fee of $130 CDN, payable to York University.
An average tuition fee for York University is $33,791 – $38,826.
(Note: Fees are estimated and subject to change according to the intake and program.)
Students from all over the world who want to expand their knowledge in their area of interest might choose Cambrian College as an ideal location for their next academic adventure.
The institution provides a range of courses in subjects like:
International Business Administration
Arts and Culture
After completing their course, students receive certificates, diplomas, or degrees that are recognized by the state.
York University FAQs
Ques: Is it difficult to get into York University?
Ans: Yes. Being one of the top ranked universities in the world, York University is highly competitive. The university has an overall acceptance rate of 27%.
When can I expect a decision on my application at York University?
Ans: The typical processing time is four to six weeks once all required documents are in the possession of the admissions team. York University reviews applications into early July, but the majority of decisions are released in early May.
How should I submit my documents at York University?
Ans: Please upload the documents to your MyFile account. If you encounter issues with this, please e-mail the required documents in PDF format to email@example.com, making sure to include your full name and York reference number in the e-mail.
What are the entry requirements of York University?
Ans: International students need to submit degree or certificates, resume, personal letter, immigration documents, English proficiency test score, SOP, LOR for Canada and related documents for admission to York University.
SCHOOL OF CONTINUING STUDIES – Toronto, Ontario
About York University
York University School of Continuing Studies offers pathway and postgraduate certificate programs, that are designed to help students to reach their goals. The post-degree Certificate programs prepare students to acquire professional jobs in the field of their interest after they complete their programs. English language pathway programs help students who have great academics, but low English scores to achieve their goal to apply for the postgraduate certificate and bachelors degree programs of their choice.
Connect with Career Abroad Educational counsellors to get your profiles assessed.